Sunday, August 2, 2009

Movie Day with the Girls


Whew! Its a 3 post day LOL we did Friday, Saturday and now Sunday. Today Leigh, Jonie and I had planned to do Movie Day at my house. I went to Trader Joe's and bought, eh, a few things. Some hummus, some pita chips, some salsa, some tortilla chips, some cookies, some crackers, some cheese and salami, some sparkling juice...OK more than a few things. I'm a bit out of practice with the whole hostess thing. Our plans were to watch at least one movie, either "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" or "Primal Fear" or "Swimming with Sharks", but we wouldn't know for sure which ones til we all got together. I put my spread of goodies out and Jonie arrived shortly after 4pm. Leigh, who is normally punctual, was not here and not answering her phone. All we could do was call and text the crap out of her and then hope that everything was OK, then we put in "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" at around 5pm. Then we watched "Swimming with Sharks" so it was like a mini-Kevin Spacey-marathon. Since I was returning "Primal Fear" to Jonie I wasn't too sad about not watching it. All three are very good movies and I highly recommend them. Maybe next time Leigh can join us (we're both hoping everything is alright) and we can watch "Primal Fear" and "American History X" and have a mini-Edward Norton-marathon. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment