Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Grrr!! (OWWWW!!!!)

The Dorkanese Word of the Day: Nerdsicle (nerd-sik-ul): Noun: A combination of the words "nerd" and "Popsicle" meaning a nerd who is cold even when those around him are comfortable or even warm. Example: The Nerdsicle wore a long-sleeved shirt and jeans to Disneyland while everyone else wore shorts.

Today was my first day of weight training since the end of January. I must say I did better than I expected. I stretched. I did a high impact warm-up. I was ready to rock. I was able to do all of the stuff I could do before, even some stuff I didn't think I could do (you should have seen my face when I actually did 10 knee-ups), I remembered how to breathe (oh yes, there is a specific way to breathe while lifting weights), I remembered proper form (so very important or you can hurt yourself) and most importantly I didn't run out of steam. I did upper AND lower body today, as well as abs. I even finished my cardio after I did weights, which I was worried I may have been too tired to do. In truth, with about 13 minutes left I thought about getting off the treadmill, but I sucked it up and finished. I also ate good things today: lean meat, complex carbs, veggies, fruit, which is good given the fact that I'm in full blown food craving mode right now AND there is cake and ice cream at my Dad's house. So that's the Grrr!! of my day.
But there is a drawback. Just like with any other deeply physical activity, if you haven't done it in a while, your body will let you know the next day. And that's where the OWWWW!!!! comes in. I feel fine right now, but tomorrow morning, I'm gonna be limping around like an old person, and there is nothing I can do about that. Thankfully my plans tomorrow involve some good friends and a jacuzzi, after my morning cardio (I'm at it 30 minutes a day this time, instead of an hour 3 times a week) of course. But Thursday morning, its back to the gym for more work.

No comments:

Post a Comment