Sunday, August 23, 2009

Another Movie Night with Leigh and Jonie

We've decided to do Movie Night at least 1 Sunday per month. Last time as you may recall we did Kevin Spacey movies. Tonight, the only common theme we could find was that each movie we watched had a Baldwin in it as a supporting character, so tonight was "Hey, there's a Baldwin in that" night. I threw down my usual spread from Trader Joe's (hummus, pita chips, a salami and cheese tray, crackers, tortilla chips, salsa, some kind of cookie, sparkling berry lemonade, sparkling blueberry juice and sparkling apple juice) and Jonie brought over the 2 movies: "The Usual Suspects" and "The Departed". Jonie and Leigh had never seen "The Departed" so we watched that first, then we watched "The Usual Suspects" which I had never seen, but I knew how it ended. Both have great plot twists and surprises at the end. Afterward, I took both of them out for a quick catfood run in my new car. It was fun and I can't wait for the next movie night. We now have a list of movies that we have lined up for subsequent movie nights, including groups of movies for "Hannibal Lector" night, "Romantic Comedy" night, "Val Kilmer" night and, of course, "Edward Norton" night.

No comments:

Post a Comment