Sunday, August 2, 2009

Birthday with the Family




On Saturday my Dad took my brother Brian and I to Red Lobster for lunch to celebrate both of our birthdays. Mine was Friday, July 31st and Brian's is next Saturday, August 8th. My poor Dad. We would have gone to North Woods Inn (that's the Chandler family "special occasion restaurant) but I wanted crab legs. Brian wanted a steak. Yes, I know they serve crab legs at North Woods Inn. They also serve steak at Red Lobster. It wasn't my decision, it was Dad's. ("He who pays the check picks the restaurant.")
I got my crab legs and they were GOOD! For the last few years, since I started watching Deadliest Catch, I always wonder what boat my crab legs came off of. Maybe at some point in my life I have eaten crab that was caught by the Hillstrands on the Time Bandit, or by the Hansen brothers on the Northwestern, or by the Harris clan on the Cornelia Marie, or by the Colburns on the Wizard. Dad reminds me of how many crab boats there are in the Bering Sea, but I counter that with a reminder of how much crab I have consumed in my life (between crab legs and the sushi rolls I eat with crab in them, its A LOT) so I think my chances are pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment