Friday, April 9, 2010

The Return of Movie Night

Leigh, Jonie and I hardly get to hang out much all together because of our schedules. Over the winter semester, I had a Family Law class with Jonie (Leigh had already taken it) and now in the Spring semester, I have a Litigation class with Leigh (Jonie already has a Bachelor's degree so she is not attending ULV with us), but other than that we hardly have seen each other all year. SO today we did another one of our movie nights. It was long overdue.
Leigh had a birthday over a month ago, so I let her pick the movies this time. The first one she brought that we watched was Dodgeball. Jonie and I had never seen it, but after we started watching it and noticed that the actors that played Milton and Bill Lumburgh were in it AND that Leigh didn't know who Milton or Bill Lumburgh were, I insisted we watch Office Space after we finished Dodgeball. After Office Space we watched Gross Pointe Blank (with a cute, young Jon Cusack in it) and after I recognized a lot of the streets featured in the background, I had to jump online and confirm that part of the movie was shot in downtown Monrovia. (I used to work in Monrovia, near downtown.) After the movie was over, we sat around and talked, like we used to do before class last Fall.
If you've read any of my previous movie night postings, you'll remember that I usually do the whole "hors de'ovres and sparkling non-alcoholic beverage spread" from Trader Joes, but times have gotten tough, so today, I made spaghetti, Leigh made Cesar Salad and Jonie brought drinks. Much yummier and much cheaper.
I had an awesome time hanging out with 2 of my closest friends and I hope we get to do this more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment