Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Fresh Start

Wednesday I'll be leaving the house that I share with Mike and Jeff and moving back to my hometown of La Verne after being gone for 12 years. I'm getting a 2 bedroom condo on Bixby and I'm really excited about it. For now at least it will just be me, but that will most likely change. The very next day after I move marks the start of the 30 day countdown to my birthday, known to the rest of you as the month of July (my birthday is the 31st).
To celebrate my newly found space and to help countdown to my 30th birthday, I've decided to do 2 things during the 30 days: eat only what I cook and exercise for an hour a day. Then we'll see where I'm at when my birthday comes. Oh yeah, did I mention that it's the "30 Days to 30" countdown? Yep, I'm officially becoming a "30 something" along with a lot of my other friends from school this year.
I've got a Wii Console (in black) and a Wii Fit Plus bundle of my own and money set aside for groceries, so now it's up to me. It will be nice to be able to work out and cook in my own house instead of always being at Trina and Gregg's. It will be nice to have THEM over to MY house for a change to eat and work out.
It's not just getting to cook and work out. I've been wanting to move back to La Verne for a long time. I have this idea in my head that moving back to the town I grew up in is going to somehow be significant for me. To be honest, when I was younger, I used to call La Verne "Mayberry" and complain that "nothing ever happens here" but then when I left at 17 to start living on my own I really missed "Mayberry" and the peace and quiet that comes from "nothing ever happening." Maybe I was just unable to appreciate it at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment