Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!



Halloween is my favorite holiday! I mean, what's not to love? Dressing up, going to parties, getting candy, mutilating produce - its all good! This year I dressed up as a Succubus (if you don't know what that is, go Google it) and just like last year, rather than just wear a pre-packaged costume, I decided to put one together in pieces, so I could give it my own personal stamp. I'm happy with the way it turned out. Speaking of costumes, one of my favorite things about Halloween is seeing people who wear topical costumes. This year, between the 2 parties I went to, I saw people dressed as Billy Mays, Lady Gaga and Octomom. The people closest to me also had some interesting and in some cases disturbing picks for costumes: my best friend Heather and my roommate Mike both went as clowns (I HATE clowns, I am scared of them), my other roommate Jeff wore a dress (he found one that fit his gigantic shoulders!) and Daniel dressed up as a penguin. Raven and Amber went as characters from my favorite Disney movie: Alice in Wonderland. Raven was Alice, but with a twist- she was also a vampire. Her litte "White Rabbit" had bite marks on his neck. Amber was the Queen of Hearts. Watching her scream "off with your head!" was priceless. We carved some pretty cool pumpkins this year. It was a process. On Friday I came over and gutted the pumpkins and Raven and Gregg went on the internet to find patterns. Then Saturday afternoon we punched the stencils into the pumpkins and carved them. Because Amber's pumpkin was small (and so is Amber) I drew a kitty cat on her pumpkin and she and Trina painted it. Raven helped carve her Headless Horseman pumpkin (she got to do the design she liked on the biggest pumpkin, so she was very proud) and we also did a Dragon, a Skull and (of course) a Jack Skellington face on the other pumpkins. The coolest part was that all the pumpkins came from the garden that Trina and Gregg have been growing in the backyard. As for candy, Trina, Gregg and I will need to "inspect" the girls' candy so as to make sure it is OK to eat...yeah...inspect...that's a good word... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment