Saturday, October 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Raven!


Today was Raven's 13th Birthday. Ugh. She's officially a TEENAGER now. Heaven help us. For her birthday I chaperoned Raven, her sister Amber and 7 other teenage girls (Miranda, Melanie, Madelyn, McKenna, Stephanie G, Stephanie K and Taylor) on a trip to the movies to see "Where the Wild Things Are." We walked to and from the movies since there were too many of them to fit in my car. Then I took them back to Trina and Gregg's empty house to feed them pizza and sparkling cider and listen to them scream, sing, giggle and generally make noise for a few hours before Trina and Gregg got home. It really wasn't that bad. In fact, they reminded me a lot of me and my friends when we were that age. It was really quite entertaining. And I am proud to say that I didn't have to kill any of them. I can't believe Raven is a teenager now. I remember when she was in diapers. I remember the first time she told me she told me she loved me, in a soft little whisper, while she was sitting next to me in her little carseat. I remember reading her bedtime stories and doing the voices for the characters. I remember scooping her up and singing to her when she would cry. I remember her kindergarten graduation. She'll be graduating from 8th grade this year. They grow up too fast. Happy Birthday Sprout!

No comments:

Post a Comment