Monday, September 14, 2009

Fall is finally HERE!

The Dorkanese Word of the Day: Squinchy (skwin-chee): Adjective: 1. Something that is both squishy and sticky in texture. Example: I heard Lucky making that weird noise in the middle of the night again and this morning when I put my feet on the floor, I stepped in something squinchy and I knew instantly that the noise was him yacking up a furball near my bed.

OK, so I know the Autumnal Equinox hasn't occurred yet, but today showed 2 great signs of Fall: 1. I was able to wear jeans (and not shorts) out into the world today (and it was a good thing too because there was a crisp in the air when I got out of class this evening) and 2. the first week of the regular season of football started, with wins by both of my teams (the 49ers on Sunday and the Chargers tonight) to start the season off on a good note.
Sometime this week I am going to go out and look at Halloween costumes (I already have one picked out online, but ya never know, I've changed my mind before) and next Friday Disneyland puts out their Halloween stuff. The thought alone makes me smile.
Cooler weather, football and Halloween. I love Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment